“Your success or failure will be primarily determined by one thing: your ability to build meaningful relationships.”
Have you ever felt invisible? While this may sound like a ridiculous question, the truth is our work cultures are filled with people who are invisible, or what we more commonly refer to as lonely.
- Recent research has revealed that chronic loneliness is now at epidemic levels in the United States:
- Nearly three-fourths of Americans are lonely;
- Workplace loneliness is costly, leading to mental sluggishness impaired productivity, stifled creativity, and unfocused decision-making;
- Chronic loneliness is 2X deadlier than obesity and equivalent to smoking 15 cigarettes per day;
- The loneliest generation of adults is Generation Z or those 18 to 22 years old; and,
- Those experiencing chronic loneliness have a 26% higher mortality rate
During this workshop, Dr. Lavon Gray focuses on the power of relationships to add value to teams while providing the foundation for organizational success. More than just another session on “networking,” Lavon uses powerful storytelling to inspire listeners to intentionally engage in building high-impact relationships, while at the same time removing the “cloak of invisibility” from the lives of those around them. Your team will never look at your relationships the same after this keynote.
1. Identify major causes of workplace isolation;
2. Identify five keys for building stronger workplace relationships;
3. Discuss barriers that are impacting positive relationships within the current workplace culture; and,
4. Develop a strategy for improving relational connections both personally and organizationally.